Why You Shouldn't Drink Tap Water

Drinking water is essential for our health and well-being. However, not all water sources are created equal. In fact, drinking tap water can be harmful to your health in many ways. Here are some reasons why you should avoid drinking tap water:

  1. Chemical Contamination - Tap water often contains chemicals like chlorine, fluoride, and lead. Chlorine is added to tap water to kill bacteria, but it can also react with other chemicals to form harmful byproducts. Fluoride is added to tap water to prevent tooth decay, but excessive exposure to fluoride can cause health problems. Lead is a toxic metal that can leach into tap water from old pipes and fixtures, leading to health problems like developmental delays and cognitive impairments.

  2. Bacterial Contamination - Tap water can also be contaminated with harmful bacteria like E. coli, which can cause diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever. These bacteria can enter the water supply through various sources like animal waste, sewage, and agricultural runoff.

  3. Hard Water - Tap water can be hard, which means it contains high levels of minerals like calcium and magnesium. Hard water can cause skin irritation, dry hair, and mineral buildup in pipes and appliances.

  4. Unpleasant Taste and Odor - Tap water can have an unpleasant taste and odor, which can make it difficult to drink. This is often caused by chemicals like chlorine and sulfur.

To avoid these issues, it is recommended to use a water filtration system or purchase purified water from a reliable source. Our water store uses a state-of-the-art reverse osmosis to ensure our water is free from contaminants and safe to drink. By avoiding tap water and choosing purified water, you can protect your health and enjoy clean, pure water.

Back to blog